Spring is coming, but it is not here yet, so a yummy soup sounds great for your evening meal. It is fast and easy and tastes delicious.
You can make one of winter’s most comforting dishes, without a formal recipe and with just about any vegetable in your refrigerator.
Soup is one of the most practical, tasty, and comforting foods out there. You can find it at most grocery stores and fast-food joints … but here’s the thing about store-bought soup. It’s -high in sodium, and can be filled with MSG or unhealthy ingredients, like pasta, potatoes, and nightshades. It’s not your mother’s soup.
But you can make delicious soup at home. And the best part is – it’s EASIER than you think, with this soup formula.”
Here’s what you’ll need to make soup for 4-6 people
SOUP WITH ANY VEGETABLE
WHAT YOU NEED –
- 1 chopped onion
- A couple ribs of celery, chopped
- A quarter cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of the vegetable of your choice – mushrooms are one of my favorties
- 5-6 cups of broth (vegetable OR chicken)
- Salt and pepper
- If I feel it is lacking a little ?? I add unsalted butter
From there, the possibilities are truly endless. You can add herbs and spices, leave it brothy, or blend it smooth to give it a bit more of a creamy texture. (In fact, you can even thicken it up by blending half of it and mixing the thicker portion with the brothy portion.)
WHAT TO DO –
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Next, add your veggies and a pinch of salt and pepper, and saute it all until it’s tender.
- Once vegetables are cooked, add broth and reduce heat to low. Cover it, and cook for 30 minutes.
- When you’re done, you can serve it as is, or throw it in the blender to make a silky smooth soup.
And that’s it. It’s seriously that simple
AND HERE ARE SOME EXTRA (TASTY) TIPS:
- If you use kale, try adding a bit of lemon juice and some garlic to the mixture.
- If you’re making an asparagus soup, add a bit of mint and a little lime zest.
- To make a creamier soup, blend in a bit of unsweetened coconut milk. Mmm, yum.
- You can even add Miracle Noodles if you just can’t resist noodle soups.
YOUR WINTER TAKEAWAY
So, go ahead – enjoy those creamy, comforting soups this winter. Just do them right – your gut will thank you!