According to Houzz mosaic tile floors, bold wallpaper, and built-in benches are some of the features that can make your laundry room shine
Whether you have a laundry room with enough space for a built-in bench or just a hallway closet with sliding doors, these trending laundry areas offer plenty of ideas for making the most of every inch. Here are 10 clever ideas from the most popular laundry room photos on Houzz uploaded in the past three months, as determined by the number of times people saved them to their idea books.
1. Small space, big impact. This laundry room isn’t the biggest of spaces, but it crams style into every square inch. The gold flower-shaped chandelier, bold mosaic cement floor tiles and brass hardware all combine to make a big impact.
2. Sophisticated suds. The Shaker cabinets painted a warm French gray, the distressed oriental rug and an antique washboard on the countertop make for a soothing and sophisticated laundry room. Notice the custom niches built into the lower cabinets — they’re a clever place to store rolled-up towels.
3. Wheel in the wash. This beach-inspired laundry room, features a lovely ocean blue tile backsplash, white Shaker cabinets, and bleached oak floors. But it’s the practical touches such as the laundry bag on wheels and glass containers filled with laundry pods and clothespins that make the space both stylish and functional.
4. Hidden wonder. Sliding pocket doors painted gray can close off this laundry niche to unsuspecting guests, but when the doors are open, the practical space reveals bold fig-patterned wallpaper. It features a rod for hanging and drying clothes and a woven basket for storing cleaning supplies.
5. Take a load off. The custom built-in bench topped with orange upholstery makes this laundry and mudroom combo in Philadelphia a great spot for doing the wash. The bench is the perfect perch for taking off your shoes or relaxing for a bit as your clothes finish drying. The cork floors are another warm and practical touch.
6. Whitewash. This sublime laundry room is nearly all white, but the multitude of textures keeps it from looking bland. Notice the wire-mesh front on the cabinets and the cement tile floors they add just the right amount of texture and subtle pizzazz.
7. Clever touches. This laundry room offers plenty of great ideas. The stainless steel shelving unit to the left of the washer and dryer is ideal for storing towels, the rod above the sink is a smart way to hang wet items, and the glass bowl with scoop makes a stylish container for detergent.
8. Mixing colors. While mixing colors in your washing machine can be a mistake, it works just fine in this laundry room. The homeowners of this new-build home wanted a bold, bright color palette. Blue cabinets and floral wallpaper from Osborne & Little did the trick.
9. Timeless elegance. With its subway tile backsplash, Shaker cabinets, black quartz countertops and slate tile floors, this laundry room, has a classic look that’s both trendy and timeless. The open shelves above the sink are a great spot for storage baskets and cleaning supplies.
10. Rustic radiance. A mix of warm gray paint and reclaimed barn wood on the walls makes for a rustic backdrop in the laundry room. The handmade cement tiles on the floor add a splash of radiance to the space. Other notable features include the beadboard ceiling, bamboo blinds and large Mason jars on the open shelving.